is a collaborative civic initiative focused on improving the quality of patient care in Kansas City through successful physician recruitment and an enhanced focus on the region’s clinical trial and contract research assets and opportunities.
* One of the only region-specific physician recruiting sites in the country
* Promoting Kansas City’s high quality of life
* A repository for Kansas City-area clinical research studies
* Focused on expansion of the existing contract research field
As one of the first region-specific physician recruiting sites in the country, KCMedNet seeks to match qualified physician candidates with Kansas City practice groups, hospitals, and clinics.The United States Department of Health and Human Services estimates that there will be a national shortage of more than 200,000 physicians by the year 2020. Locally, more than 40 percent of physicians expect to retire in the next ten years, creating a physician shortage that could significantly impact the quality of patient care in Kansas City.
With more than 50 clinical research organizations currently conducting or supporting clinical research in Kansas City, additional infrastructure is needed to make leading-edge research more accessible to patients. In addition, more than a quarter of Kansas City physicians are involved to some degree in clinical research. KCMedNet will aggregate this information to encourage the participation of both physicians and patients in cutting-edge clinical research.
* Kansas City Area Development Council (http://www.thinkkc.com/)
* Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute (http://www.kclifesciences.org/)
* Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City (www.metromedkc.org/)
* Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce (www.kcchamber.com/)